What is PaperSkin?
PaperSkin is an eco-friendly packaging designed for meat, fish, cheese and ready meals.
An original creation of the Koopress R&D department, PaperSkin is an achievement of which we are tremendously proud. We care about the environment and wish to support our customers with like-minded aspirations. After all, those who purchase their products expect nothing less.
PaperSkin flat and moulded trays
We are thus able to offer an alternative to packaging made entirely of plastic. Our PaperSkin trays consist of a cardboard substrate and a thin barrier film. The raw materials used are certified for direct food contact since the tray is designed for food products: meat, fish, cheese and ready meals. Our solution reduces plastic content in the packaging by up to 80%. In this novel solution, plastic has been replaced with eco-friendly, certified cardboard (FSC and PEFC) made from virgin fibre from controlled sources or recycled fibre. Consequently, our PaperSkin trays are more environmentally friendly as we have managed to reduce their carbon footprint to the absolute minimum.
It is eco-friendly, contributing to an image of a responsible brand which cares for the environment.
2. reduced weight
It is lightweight, convenient and easy to handle; a special perforation allows the film to be readily detached from fully recyclable cardboard.
It enables consumers to find out how to deal with the packaging after use, thus promoting environmental awareness.
Can serve as a state-of-the-art marketing medium as both sides of the cardboard can be printed on.
5. airtight assurance
It provides stable and safe storage conditions for a product that is hermetically sealed and protected against exposure to air.
- It is environmentally friendly – it builds the image of a responsible brand that cares about the environment. The use of thin barrier films reduces plastic consumption by 80%.
- It is lightweight, convenient and easy to handle – the special perforation used makes it possible to seamlessly separate the film from the cardboard, which is 100% recyclable.
- It helps communicate to consumers how to handle packaging after use, building environmental awareness.
- It can act as a modern marketing medium thanks to its ability to be printed on both sides of the carton.
- It provides stable and safe storage conditions for the product, which is hermetically sealed and protected from air.
- Ability to adapt packaging to existing tools on the market (e.g., Traysealer packaging machines).